Valentine's Dinner

David is out of town so last night was a quiet Valentine's Day. No heart shaped pink pancakes for kids before school. Not readying for a big night out. No festivities. Just a regular Thursday.
 
I thought about stopping on the way home and getting some frozen Stouffers mac and cheese and eating it on my belly Clinton Kelly style, but that idea started to make me sad. Since I was only shopping shopping for one, and it was Valentine's Day afterall, I went for lobster. I was too embarrassed to ask for one steamed lobster and I didn't want to pay for two just to save face, so I bought a small container of chopped precooked meat and made a couple of heart-shaped mini lobster pizzas.
 
I shaped and baked the dough first. Then I added a little cheese, shallot, basil, tomato, lots of black pepper and the lobster. Put it back in the oven until the cheese was melted. YUMMY!     
 
Then I finished dinner with chocolate covered strawberries and American Idol. Just a quiet night at home. Maybe not the ideal Valentine's Day, but certainly not a bad way either. I always love being my jammies by 6:30. No complaints here. Hope you had a good Valentine's Day too!

Comments

David said…
Ok, now I am sad on two count... I was not home for Valemtines day and I missed the heart shaped lobster dinner!

I love and miss you!!,!
cathy lee said…
kimberly, we are all in texas checking out your site - showing mom how to leave a message. Cathy Lee
Anonymous said…
ahhh good for you for celebrating...love it

Popular Posts