Views From Sunday Morning

This past Sunday was Mother's Day.  I normally don't take my camera to church, but I thought I would get a few photos of the church and the "Mother's Day festivities" for you to see.  It's a small little church that reminds me a lot of the church I used to visit in Rochelle when we went to Grandmommy's. I posted photos of the outside when we had the Maple Fest.
 
In the back there is a giant, beautiful organ:   
 
 
 
 
 
We don't really use them, but I love having the hymnals.  I love when we sing the old hymns!   
 
 
For Mother's Day we had a few extra things as well.
 


 
Okay, big hints for kid's birthday parties or showers or things where you want a "color" theme.  These were a big hit.  I saw them here on Pinterest. (Theirs are way cuter!) A rice krispie treat dipped in colored chocolate and sprinkles on a stick.  Could anything be simplier?  I thought the kids would like them, but they were a bigger hit with the adults.  I would recommend this to ANYONE.  Kids could make these themselves. 
 
 
Nancy made some beautiful arrangements.  (Another Pinterest idea that is cheap and good for a party).  Buy some mason jars (I got these 12 for $10, and they are probably cheaper if you shop around.) Drill holes in the tops of the lids. Put rocks in the bottom. There you have a reusable vase. Decorate with ribbons or tags if you want. Great favors for a shower or small wedding. When the flowers die, go out outside and pick some more and refill.  Easy! 

 
Another easy recipe - make biscuit biscuits and stir in cheese, crumbled bacon and chives.  PERFECT for a brunch! I would serve them with maple butter.  Delicious!

 
I leaned over to David mid-service and whispered, "It's a good church."  We are so glad that we found it. I'm always up for easy tips and recipes!  If you ever go anywhere and see or taste something really good, please let me know. I'm always interested in new ideas. 

Comments

Anonymous said…
oh love seeing your church..feels warm and friendly. love the small bites..think i will do the biscuits for my group.

Popular Posts