The Singleton Store

 
One place I really wanted to see was Singleton's General Store in Proctorsville, VT.  I went by here the last time that I dropped Haley off, but my camera battery was dead so I didn't get photos.  This time David and I went in and got a couple of sodas and a t-shirt. 
 
David got to chatting with someone there and discovered the owner was Tom Singleton.  
 

They had their own line of just about everything from Singleton jams to pickled okra. They had guns, boots, clothes, hunting gear, meats of all kinds, a full grocery store, a liquor store, a trinket and souvenir store ... hilarious!
 
It rained some on the way home, but most of the trip was gorgeous. We had a nice sunny day ... not too warm (unless you ask Haley) ... with a slight breeze. It was perfect day-trip weather. I tried to get some photos through the car window going 60 miles an hour, but surprisingly they did not turn out well. This is the best one I got. Here's how it looked much of the way home. There's a reason it's called the Green Moutain State!
 

Comments

Popular Posts