Sunday's Walk

Sunday afternoon was another gorgeous day so after church we decided to go on a walk in a new place.  We set out for one destination but couldn't find it. We ended up at Hurd State Park in East Hampton by happy accident. It wasn't my all-tine favorite walk. I prefer a paved trail - a walkway - not hiking through woods with the threat of poison ivy, ankle-twisting rocks, ticks and  mosquitoes.  But that's just me.
 
But I did get a few photos along the way.  Here is where we started out.  Innocent enough.  Looks like there is a wide path. No worries.
 
 
But our surroundings soon started to look more like this:
 
 
We met a few "friends" along the way.  Do you see the baby snake?
 
 
I tried to get this huge butterfly ... it was so pretty.  We saw it (or different ones) on the walk to and from the car.  I don't have a good zoom so by the time I got close enough to get a photo, it would fly off. And it was more vibrant than I actually captured.  But you get the idea.
 

My cutie patootie husband:
 
 
 
Our reward for the walk was a green clearing right next to the Connecticut River. 
 
 
 
There was a  couple already there with a dog that David played with for a few minutes:
 
 
And then the trek uphill all the way back to the car.  I stopped and got a few photos. After looking at them at home it appears I took them mostly for a rest! ha. But I'll share them anyway.  No idea why I took this one:
 
 
Deep roots:
 
 
The "love" tree: 
 
 
Then it was off to do a few chores and shopping and back home for more games on the patio.  It is worth noting I actually beat David at our first game of Parcheesi. My third win to date.  But he beat me in all the rest of the games.  Rummy included. Not my best night. 

Comments

Anonymous said…
you two are so perfect for each other. i love davids parents......

Popular Posts