Dinner Last Night

Roasted olive oil potatoes with fresh thyme, cedar plank arctic char and a brussel sprout salad.
 
 
I ran across this recipe on Pinterest yesterday and noticed I had most of these ingredients in the pantry, including a quarter of a bag of hazelnuts that I wasn't sure how to use. I toasted the hazelnuts and chopped them. I added pomegranate seeds and a tablespoon of honey to the dressing. I used more Dijon and vinegar than suggested also. I had the cheese, but forgot to add it. I don't think it needed it. It was DELICIOUS!!  The hardest part is shredding the brussel sprouts. It's pretty time consuming.  But I got David and Evan to eat raw brussel sprouts and like it. They ate it up and David even went back for seconds.    
 
This is a great holiday salad. Pretty and tasty. I highly recommend it. It's pretty easy and you can combine all to your taste: 
 
Salad
shredded brussel sprouts
toasted hazelnuts
shallot sliced paper thin
grapefruit
dried cranberries
pomegranate seeds
 
Dressing
olive oil
apple cider vinegar
maple syrup and/or honey
dijon mustard
salt & pepper to taste

Comments

Anonymous said…
The salad sounds wonderful. I will give it a try. Momma O

Popular Posts