Fish Anyone?

I've been wanting to try this ever since I discovered our local fish market. I wish I wasn't too embarrassed to go in with camera in hand and get photos of this place. But I am. Here are a few from their facebook page instead:


I choose trout and whiting:


Look at those clear eyes! So fresh.  


I had the fish, but no idea what to do with it, so I went to the internet. I saw the recipe on this blog.  Okay, really it was the AMAZING photos from Greece that caught my eye. Oh, how I would love to see that in person. I don't really know when or how I got this deep desire to go to Greece, but I have it. I'm sure Italy and France and so many other countries have great scenery and food and adventures waiting to be had, but that blue water and those stark white buildings just call to me. AND I'M NOT EVEN A WATER/BEACH PERSON! It's weird. I just want to see in person that it really looks like that.


This recipe had the simple instructions I desperately needed. 400 degrees ... 10 minutes per side ...  keep grill uncovered ... These are things I needed to know since we had never attempted to grill a whole fish before.

I have to be honest, it did freak me out a little handling them when they were looking up at me. Made me wonder how many catfish Grandmommy had cleaned in her life.  At least I got to take these home already cleaned. All I had to do was score and stuff them. I sprinkled them with salt and pepper and a dash of olive oil and stuffed them with lemon and onion slices.


David grilled them. We decided to put them right on the grill, but when they started to fall apart when David tried to get them off the grill, we decided we should have put them in the basket.  Next time we'll have to try that because I didn't get a good photo of them cooked. They really looked pitiful. But they tasted delicious. So fresh. I liked them both, but David much preferred the trout. I topped them with a tomato salad and the vidalias were SO GOOD! If I can ever find whole snapper, I would DEFINITELY try that.  

Mom, I'm glad you challenged me to do this. It's been a fun week thinking of new blog ideas. Not sure we can keep up this pace. Ha. But you have given me incentive to put more work into making the blog more interesting. 

Comments

Anonymous said…
the fish look great...wonder what they taste like....great pictures
Anonymous said…
praying God will send you to Greece one day
Kimberly said…
Whoo Hoo! Keep praying. I'll take it.

The fish was REALLY good! We are having red snapper and green beans tonight. Don't think I'll be blogging it though. We'll see.

Popular Posts