Lobster Sliders

(Okay mom, this a note especially to you - if you see a word or phrase that has the light blue/green color instead of black, you can click on that word and get another screen.  I will link old stories and other sites, so if you want to get to reading one weekend, you can always click those links. For example in the following blog Walden Pond is linked. If you click on those words, it will take  you to my Walden Pond blog so you can remember what I am talking about. Make sense?)


I was thinking about some of the day trips that David and I have taken. One of the BEST days I think we had was our trip to Walden Pond. Sometimes I plan and plan a day trip and the hype is more than the actual trip. We've even had a few bad trips. This particular day was a quick spur of the moment trip and I think both David and I were surprised at just how NICE it was. We both had a GREAT day. The weather was amazing. The pond was beyond expectation. And I found one of my all time favorite towns .... one of those "if I won the lottery, I would like a house in this town so my family could come and use it for vacations all spring, summer and fall long" kind of towns. Concord, MA. We stopped at the Colonial Inn for lunch and I had lobster sliders. So, Thursday night was a gorgeous night like that that day in Concord, so I decided that we would have lobster sliders for dinner and sit out on the back patio and enjoy the pretty weather.

I stopped and got some slider pretzel rolls and lobster for the sandwiches at Stew Leonard's (the grocery store meets farmer's market meets Chuck-E-Cheese experience).  And kept it really simple:

    • toasted bun
    • slice of tomato
    • lobster warmed in butter, old bay, salt and pepper
    • assemble and enjoy!

 

Not the traditional New England roll, but they were GOOD!!  We ate them up in record time.  If I can't get to Concord, I can relive the memories at dinner.

Comments

Anonymous said…
oh I am going to love seeing these blogs...already excited
Anonymous said…
me,too gm

Popular Posts