September Nectarines

September is nectarines!  It's the last of the stone fruit.  It's been a great summer of fruit!! Thank you mom.  We got nine nectarines.  Two immediately went into a salad for church with almonds, arugula and a honey lime dressing. I ate one just plain. Delicious!



Then two went into one of our summer staples: a blueberry nectarine crumble complete with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.


I grilled two in olive oil with salt and pepper and put them in a salad for dinner. (Yep, first time David let me grill!) This salad had greens, marcona almonds, grilled shrimp and scallops and a sprinkle of queso fresco. Hit the spot for a summer week night dinner.


That left two nectarines. I wish I was a baker because the recipe on the back of the card looked so good. But I know myself and I didn't want to waste the last two on what would turn out a big mess.


So I made ricotta, basil, prosciutto, nectarines!





Comments

Anonymous said…
Beautiful.

Popular Posts