This Morning Is For The Birds

Well, David was up and out of the house by 7:30 this morning.  I had big plans to get a few things done before he got home.  That is until I walked past the patio door and noticed our bird feeder was FULL of birds!

When Haley was here we went to a pottery show and I bought this bird feeder.  I filled it up this morning and the birds showed up. All sizes and colors. I ran down and gabbed my camera, but only the small birds were brave enough to come back with me standing outside.

They enjoyed Cafe Oakes premium bird seed:













I went down to look at the photos I had so far and came back up to find this guy:


Busted!



He kept coming back to see if I was gone yet. The longer I stood there, the less afraid he was of me. He ended up just hopping back up there and eating.


Now it's 11:00 and I've spent the morning with the birds. David just walked in a yelled down, "there are TWO squirrels eating out of the bird feeder".  Oh brother. He brought a friend.  Well, it wasn't my most productive morning.  But it was fun!

Update: David moved the feeder up to keep it accessible for the birds and away from the squirrel. David-0 Squirrel-1.

Comments

Anonymous said…
super cute

Popular Posts