Cheddar Pumpkin Soup

Have you ever heard of a Cheddar Pumpkin? I never had until I saw Rachel Ray on The Chew making a poblano cheddar pumpkin soup.  It looked so good, I had to try and see if I could find one. Sure enough the local grocery stores carry them up here.  I thought these were more for decoration until the other day.


I bought one with the intention of making her recipe. But I never got the other ingredients.  So today I roasted the cheddar pumpkin and blended it with chicken stock, garlic, salt & pepper, smoked paprika, cumin, parsley and sage.  I simmered it together for about 30 minutes and it made a delicious soup.


For texture, I topped it with some croutons, sunflower seeds and parmesan. Perfect for fall, but I still want to try the poblano recipe soon.


If you are wondering, the pumpkin didn't taste like cheddar. Not sure why it got that name.  But it was was delicious!

Comments

Anonymous said…
looks yummy.
Unknown said…
I love pumpkin soup.
Kimberly said…
Me too!! Had it again tonight. So good!! So Fall.
abigail said…
I have never had pumpkin soup before, but it sounds and looks so good!!!!

Popular Posts