October 17, 2017

After another huge, delicious breakfast, we headed out to take a ferry from Positano to Amalfi. Being on the water was definitely the best part of the trip for me. Here's the view from the ferry. Goodbye Positano.





Everything was a study in blue. Just breath taking.






When we got to Amalfi one of the things we wanted to see was the Piazza del Duomo.








I had such a great time walking through all this with Linda, an art history major. She was so kind to stop and explain things, point out interesting elements and really make the experience come to life. She had so much information. She taught me about the doric, ionic and corinthian columns. She helped me understand the architecture classical to baroque and the transition phases in between. This was a really fun day.








I found this one minute YouTube video that gives you a quick feel. About 40 seconds in there is an outdoor restaurant patio with umbrellas. We sat there and had gelato. I had my first gelato (hazelnut) in Amalfi and we shopped for paper. I bought some white note cards.


Then we took the ferry back to Positano and the bus back to Montepertuso. Linda and Dan decided to have dinner in the room. David and I went back to the family restaurant.  We didn't have the huge meal like before. We had a caprese salad, a t-bone steak, some "fries" and salad and a few desserts. Ha ... that was a "small meal".  There is live music on Tuesday nights. There were two men, one with a tambourine and one with an accordion.  They played and sang and we had a great time.

   
Another great day came to a close. 

Comments

Anonymous said…
steps steps steps steps steps

Popular Posts