October 19, 2017

Thursday we went to Pompeii. I didn't get any photos.  David got a few.  In hindsight we really should have taken a tour. There was a lot to see and we really could have used the expertise. 





Then we drove up to Mount Vesuvius and looked around. You could walk right up the side of the mountain and look out from the top. I'm sure David would have loved to do that, but the three he was with said "no way". It looked like quite a hike!

We stopped for a small snack and some shopping. Antonietta told us about a ceramic shop with good prices. I got some good olive oil in a little shop nearby. We had a cheese plate at a restaurant and this was the view from my chair. Beauty everywhere!


We headed back to the villa because our hosts were making dinner for us to eat in the yard that night.  Clams and mussels with pasta. They were the tiniest clams you ever saw and Antonietta even brought them out to show us they were still alive. Their fishmonger, Luigi, brought them to her fresh! We had goat cheese and crackers, salmon, salad, and the pasta with bread.  And real tiramisu for dessert.  made me think of John. I wish I could have shipped a piece to Texas. It was really good .... strong espresso flavor, not all that sweet.  I've never had anything like it. It was a delicious meal in a delicious setting with really great people. 

Comments

Popular Posts