Dinner This Weekend


Saturday we had exceptionally warm weather - 60's in January! David grilled steak and we had a salad inspired by this recipe. SO GOOD!

This is how I made the salad:

  • 2 Tlb olive oil
  • 1 Tlb white balsamic vinegar
  • 1 Tlb honey
  • ¼ tsp celery seeds
  • ¼ tsp chia seeds
  • ¼ tsp salt
  • ⅛ tsp ground pepper
  • 1 Tlb each of orange and grapefruit zest
  • 2 navel oranges
  • 1 pink grapefruit
    Served over romaine with broccoli slaw, avocado and our homemade "birdseed". (a mix of sliced almonds, pepitas, sunflower seeds, chia seeds, and more) 

I should have taken a photo after I mixed it, but you get the idea.

I found this great new website. The recipes look so good. I will definitely be making a bunch from this site. Sunday night we had the Slow Cooker Chicken Chile Verde Stew. I almost did this one by the recipe. I just replaced the chicken with turkey breast and omitted the chilies (for David and added jalapenos at the end for me). I served it with avocado, tortilla strips and cheese. I would highly recommend trying this. Easy, fast, cheap, delicious and healthy. 


Comments

Popular Posts