Working From Home

Because we are so close to NY and there is quite a bit of traffic from Stamford to NYC, our governor, Ned Lamont, gave us an executive order that all non-essential functions in Connecticut should suspend in-person operations beginning Monday, March 23 at 8:00 p.m.  Businesses are strongly encouraged to employ work-from-home procedures. This was made Friday afternoon so businesses will have to act quickly. Most weren't surprised by this because NY did the same thing.  It is believed, for now, that we will be working from home until at least April 22.

It's nice being married to an IT man .... he hooked me right up! :)  And now after a few Amazon orders and a trip to Staples, we both have functioning offices. We are ready to work! Here's mine:


We have still been eating fresh food up to this point.  We had salmon and salad last night. David grilled it with a cedar plank. Delicious!

   
The pantry and freezer food will be starting soon I'm afraid. We went to the grocery store this morning for last minute odds and ends and they made us put on gloves before we could enter the store. The stores were half full, but there was plenty for everyone. The only thing that was out was toilet paper.

It just feels sad to me going in the stores.  I'm not sure why. Most people are friendly.  There's just an eery feeling. I guess it shows how spoiled I am .... I'm used to shopping daily and having my pick of whatever I want.  I've never thought about it before. Okay, maybe the bread and milk is picked over the night before a big snow storm, but nothing of this magnitude. It's strange. I hope it changes us all for the better .... builds gratitude, patience and kindness to others. 

It's going to be interesting.  I don't know how working from home will be. But it's out of our hands now. It's a state-wide order.  Here's goes a month of quarantine .... We'll see how it goes!

Comments

Anonymous said…
nice set up. this will be over soon enough. love you

Popular Posts