Starting Week 3 Working From Home

I am starting my third week working from home. We know several people who have been laid off already. Stores are bare and eerie. It's still grey and cool here ... but Spring is right around the corner. We see the occasional daffodil and forsythia growing along the road. Trees are going to start blooming soon. With money and job concerns and lack of supplies and food, I thought I would blog our meals, so I could go back and see a difference if this doesn't pass in the next few weeks.

We still have fresh ingredients for stocks.  David smoked ribs and two chickens yesterday, so I have the carcasses to make a beautiful bone broth.  Onion, carrots, celery. garlic and parsley. I made many containers of dark bone broth for soups and a lighter broth for rice and various recipes.


Here's what I planned for the next two weeks. Subject to change, of course.

Monday (4/6): Burgers on pretzel buns with fries
Tuesday (4/7): Taco salad with guac & queso
Wednesday (4/8):  Smoked chicken quesadillas with queso, salsa and homemade chips
Thursday (4/9): Grilled peanut chicken & broccolini (new recipe)
Friday (4/10): Salmon chowder with dill & bread (an old favorite)
Saturday (4/11): Sausage grilled with onions and zucchini & potato salad
Easter Sunday (4/12): Ham with green beans & roasted carrots with deviled eggs
Monday (4/13): Pasta three ways with salad
Tuesday (4/14): Beans with ham and cornbread
Wednesday (4/15): Smoked white chicken chili (new recipe - will be tweaked I'm sure)
Thursday (4/16): Couscous with shrimp (new recipe - will be tweaked I'm sure)
Friday (4/17): Use up any leftovers or support a local restaurant
Saturday (4/18): TBD – Shopping Day

Comments

Anonymous said…
how organized are you

Popular Posts